Monday 4 June 2018

Tropical Bird-Day

Hello and Happy Monday to you... Jenny here, and today I'm channelling a Tropical Vibe thanks to a new Flora & Fauna stamp set....



I started by blending Distress ink across a panel of white card and made the green darker in the top corner. I then used the various leaf stamps in the set with distress oxide inks... I like how the inks show up but have a muted effect to give a subtle leafy background.

When the piece was completely dry I used Avery Elles Circle Frames to cut the apertures. I layered the panel onto a card and adhered the circles through the holes onto the card front before using foam pads to add the leafy piece over the top.



The birds are stamped and coloured with markers.... I used the mirror stamping technique to give myself another parrot facing in the opposite direction. There are lots of tutorials on You Tube if you type Mirror Stamping into the search bar 😊

I added the birds to the apertures along with leaves from the same set... it's a long leaf which I have cut in half  to fit inside the circles. I also added perches using snippets of branch from a Concord & 9th die set.


I'm really happy with how it turned out loving the circle frame die... much easier to cut apertures in one pass through the big shot 😉

           

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun and fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jenny, the circles create great places for the parrots to be placed. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team