Saturday 9 June 2018

Have A Stellar Birthday

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I am a little bit late to the party but I made my very first galaxy background. I always thought it looked so difficult to create these backgrounds but I realized it is quite easy! But I am will start at the beginning of this card!


When I set my eyes on this super cute and adorable set by Reverse Confetti called Moon Men for the first time I fell in love instantly. These astronauts are just too awesome to resist.


I started by stamping both of them and a planet, coloured them with alcohol markers and fussy cut them out (there are coordinating dies available, too).

Now onto the former mentioned background: All I did was blending some ink onto a stripe of watercolour cardstock in various bright colours: pink, violett, turquoise and yellow. When all the paper was covered, I added also some black ink but still letting peeking through some of the colours in certain areas. I am honest: After this step it looked awful. But then I spritzed some water droplets on it and dabbed it away with a paper towel, Then I also sprinkled some white acrylic paint mixed with water on it to create the stars. And I have to say after that I really liked the result.


All there was left to do was to stamp the sentiment. I die cut a banner with My Favorite Things' Stitched Sentiment Strips, one from black and one from pink cardstock. On the black stripe I heat embossed the sentiment in white. Then I assembled the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni





2 comments:

  1. I have yet to create a space background Anni, you do make it sound easy and your card looks incredible. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, and your background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team