Friday 22 November 2019

Mini Skating Mouse Snow Globe Tag

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

Winter is starting to set in in these parts - you can definitely feel the chill in the air! Whilst colder temperatures aren't exactly my favourite thing, there are a few fun things that this season brings - Christmas being one of them! I love creating for Christmas, with gift tags being a particular favourite - they're little little mini works of art!

I decided to pull out a few Lawn Fawn goodies to create a shaped gift tag using the Snow Globe Gift Tag Die set and the Mice On Ice stamp set:


Super cute, right?!


I started die cutting my tag using a folded piece of cardstock. I placed the top edge of the die just above the fold to create a shaped tag that also opens up! I also die cut the two globe base accent pieces and set them aside for the time being.


I stamped the mouse using a pale ink then pulled out my colouring pencils to create a no-line coloured scene! So adorable! I added some dots of white paint, tipped on some embossing powder and heat embossed for some beautiful snow before doing a pale watercolour wash for the sky!


Remember those pieces I set aside? I heat embossed them with gold embossing powder, embossed the top of the tag too by taking my Versamark inkpad direct-to-paper, and then adhered the bottom pieces in place using Multi Matte Medium. Some added sparkly ribbon and string completed the look!


I'd love to hear what you think of this creation. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team