Wednesday 13 November 2019

We 'herd' it's your birthday!

Hello, Tallie here.

I'm taking a break from the Christmas cards today with this punny set of birthday cards featuring the 'We Herd' stamp from Waffle Flower. Paired with some Lawn Fawn Watercolour Wishes Patterned Paper (this is my favourite paper besides the rainbow pack and is back in stock right now!), you can customise the card colours to suit the recipient.


I started out by stamping the herd of sheep and balloon stamps from the Waffle Flower We Herd stamp set twice onto some blending cardstock in some MFT Extreme Black ink. I coloured the sheep in with my alcohol markers using two different tones of grey - more cool greys for the blue card and warm greys for the pink card. I used some pinks to brighten up their cheeks and ears, and die cut them out with the coordinating dies.


I cut two pieces from the Lawn Fawn Watercolour Wishes Patterned Paper pad - a blue and a pink - down and adhered them to top-folding A6 card bases. On this vertical design some of the ears and tails stick out, but the standard C6 envelopes will fit around these so I'm not too worried. I used a couple of strips of DIY black and white striped paper I made a while back (here's the post explaining how) to ground the main image, popping it up with some foam tape.


For the balloons, I popped them up with some foam tape and adhered them above the sheep. I used a black fine liner to add some strings, making sure to get underneath the images so there was no 'gap' in the strings.

I finished the cards off with the punny sentiment from the main set, white heat embossing it across the bottom of the card with some Hero Arts Detail White Embossing Powder.


I actually gave our building's cleaner one of these cards last week and she was tickled pink! Hehee. :)

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team