Monday 4 November 2019

Red,White and Grey Christmas

Now here's a contemporary colour palette for a Christmas card and quite different for me 
too but I rather like it. The Holly Berry Turnabout stamp set contains two turnabouts which
 means you can stamp the berries in a different colour to the leaves... brilliant! 


I've not tried embossing a turnabout stamp before but it's actually quite easy to do. My top tip is 
don't go straight to a card front for this design as I still haven't found a cardstock or heat 
tool that doesn't cause warping and this is a lot of embossing!

I used a 5½" grey square card panel on my turnabout jig which had been prepped with an 
anti-static powder bag and then used Versamark ink to stamp each turn and add white 
embossing powder with each turn too. I removed the panel of card when 
I had finished and heat embossed the whole pattern together.


My card did warp a little so I left it for about an hour before placing it back onto the
 jig to stamp the berries with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink. When all the stamping was 
complete, I trimmed the piece and added it to a 5" square card base.

To add a greeting to such a busy pattern, I used the coordinating Holly Berry die set and cut 
a label shape from white vellum and then the scripty frame from white and red glitter
 cardstock. I trimmed the words away from the frame on the glittered piece and 
adhered them, slightly offset. over the white piece.


I added wet glue behind the frame and lettering so I could adhere the label to my card front and 
then added a bow and bell which were up-cycled from some Christmas packaging last year 😊
I'm thinking this will have to be a hand delivered card though!

I had plans to use greens for the leaves in this turnabout so it 
was good to try something different.

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team