Saturday 30 November 2019

Set of Penguin Cards

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Time is running! It is Christmas in just over three weeks. And I still need some more Christmas cards. So I decided to make a set of three small cards. Small cards are perfect for those people in your life who you don't know much to write to, you know what I mean?



I chose the super cute set Polar Playtime by Avery Elle. It is a small set so you can get it to a really good price point but it also has so many cute critters in it. I couldn't decide which one to use so the idea of a set was born.

I stamped all the critters on watercolour cardstock with a water-resistant ink (Versafine Onyx Black). For the colouring I chose Distress Ink reinker and added shadows with coloured pencils.
For cutting out the images there are coodinating dies available.



For the panel I die cut My Favorite Things' Stitched Mini Scallop Squares, three times from white cradstock and one time from a piece of patterend paper. To two of the white ones I added a ground for the critters to be placed on with alcohol markers. The third one I free handcut to a snowy hill.
Than I chose two more patterend papers form my stash and added them to the cardbases.
The one panel that had already patterend paper on it I adhered to a white cardbase.



The sentiment on two of the cards came from the Polar Playtime set. I stamped it directly on the panel. For the third one I chose a sentiment from Mama Elephant's Holiday Messages. I stamped it on a piece of red cardstock and die cut it using Neat & Tangled's Skinny Strips.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team