Friday 25 March 2016

Bright, Bold, and very, very Black.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got an old technique with a new twist...


Inspired the great, the mighty, the queen herself...Jennifer Mcguire.


Jennifer's latest video shows the good ol' emboss resist technique...but using black ink.  Instantly one of those, 'oh wow how has that never crossed my mind?' moments.  I loved the results, so just had to give it a go...but just make it a little more 'me'.
I knew I wanted a statement sentiment to use for my resisted area, so chose Wplus9's 'Dreams Into plans' - love this stamp, it works for so many occasions when you want to say something a little different.  


So I started with a piece of white card which I scribbled a rainbow onto using my Zig Clean Colour Markers, but you could use any colour medium you wanted to, and blended together with using water.  Once dry, I stamped and clear heat embossed 'Dreams Into Plans' over the top.  I then took a black ink pad, I used Black Soot Distress Ink but you could use any water based black ink, or even a marker, and rubbed it all over the top.  To get a really intense black I took the actual pad to my card.  The black colours the entire card, but resists where your embossing powder is.  Now I use the emboss technique all of the time, I absolutely love it, but I have never thought to use black before and wow, just look at those colours pop!



I used Mama Elephant's Index Card Creative Cuts to cut my panel and a kraft card mat. For my background I took another piece of white card and coloured using the same rainbow  I did on my main element and, again, blended with water.

I loved the simplicity of the bright colours doing the talking for themselves, so, after building up my card, left it there.

I love when you find a technique that makes you go back through your stash seeing what would work with it, and this for sure made me do that!

I really hope you like it.

See you next week

Jillx


Dreams into PlansIndex Card Creative Cuts Image 1

3 comments:

  1. This is a fab card, showing how such a simple technique can make a WOW card! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I never thought to do it this way, so thank you so much for the inspiration x Such a bold, vibrant and striking card. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and technique! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team