Tuesday 8 March 2016

Wheeeeeeeee!

 Wheeeeeeeeee.
It's one of those days where a high degree of fun is required.
Those days where you might even climb UP a slide rather than down one.
These little animals are just having a ton of fun

I'm all for having fun with sets too.
Yes, this Mama Elephant 'New Family' is a baby themed set.
But don't let that restrict you
It's a really fun set. 
You just need to start not with the set, but with your imagination.
Just think of any scene and plonk the characters into it. I thought they'd have a laugh on a slide, so I simply googled a slide image, sketched it, coloured it in, cut it out and then took a long hard look at the set.
I could see that the animals could be turned in different directions and realised that to 'hide' some of the animals slightly behind the slide rim, I'd need a top layer raised with foam pads to keep the story believable ( ha ha!).
Once I'd positioned them on the slide, I looked again, saw the swags of foliage and thought it would soften the look plus give the idea of a more woodland playground.
Having been reading 'The Faraway Tree' (by Enid Blyton) yesterday, I don't reckon this scene would look out of place!
I masked off half of one of the sentiments, so this set becomes even more adaptable. 

Hope you like my whimsical take on an animal playground. Go and have fun yourself; if you see a slide today I dare you to go up it the wrong way, or even just slide down it!

See you next week,


3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team