Saturday 12 March 2016

Copic Coloring on Kraft Card Stock

Today I want to talk about a technique I had forgotten but which yields great results: Copic (alcohol marker) coloring on kraft card stock. We will be using a gorgeous stamp by Stamping Bella for this tutorial.


I encourage you to try different kraft papers (or at least whatever you have on hand) to see how your markers will look on it. And the time to create a custom color swatch for your most used paper is well invested since it will save you tons of head-scratching later on.



Furthermore, please remember that you need to wait until the Copic ink has dried before judging a color on kraft. When wet, all Copic inks will look terrible, but once dried especially the lighter colors will surprise you.


If you are interested in seeing this image come together, please check out my blog as well (link in the sidebar). I have a mini coloring class (for free) which will show you how I colored this image, step by step.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. really beautiful Julia, makes me feel all nice & cozy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team