Sunday 20 March 2016

Easter Decorations

Sorry I am late to the party today with my post, I've been a little under the weather for a few days but I had this item planned so really wanted to share it before Easter hits us next weekend.   I've gone a little Martha Stewart today with an Easter decoration (although it could be just a fun decoration for Spring too if Easter is not your thing)


I've taken a variety of paper crafting products and turned them into decorations to hang on some simple twigs (I wanted pussy willow but couldn't find any) to create a simple centrepiece for a spring table.   It was very easy and lots of fun to create.   Let's take a look at the decorations in more detail.

Starting with paper eggs.   I used the die from More than Jellybeans by Reverse Confetti but any egg shaped die will do the trick here.   I just cut it 7 times for each egg from some plaid papers and folded each in half vertically before adhering them all together along the fold and punching a hole in the top to string them with ribbon.   You get a nice full egg shape with 7 die cuts.  If you want a non-Easter decoration then skip the eggs, you could make the same thing with simple circles or stars or any shape you fancy with a vertical line of symmetry.


Next I made the little birds in their cages.  The cage is the brilliant new 3D Birdcage die from Hero Arts by Lia.  I cut them from silver mirri card (a little tricky to fold - thinner card would be easier) and then stamped and cut out the different birds from Tweet Friends by MFT and hung them inside using cotton thread.   They are really pretty as they twirl around in the breeze from the open window.


Finally I added some sheep (you could go bunnies or any other baby animal for a spring theme) inside some of the chipboard frames which are a recent addition to our paper product offerings.  I thought they would be a fun way to add some bold colour.  The frames I used were from the Let's Party set - you get 24 in the pack so I could add lots more if I wanted to!  The sheep are from Ewe are the Best from MFT just cut from thick card an coloured with copics and fixed into place with a little acetate before hanging with ribbon.


Hope that's inspired you all to bring your inner Martha!   Share your makes on our Facebook page if you do.





NEWS FROM THE STORE

We have the latest release INCLUDING THE DIES from Stamping Bella in transit so it should be in store by the end of the week. 
We are also anticipating shipments from Neat and Tangled and Concord and 9th this week.
We have our order for the newest Altenew release in, but it takes a few weeks to arrive usually.  We have ordered as much as they had available for restocks but some of the popular sets were not available and we are wait listed for them.
We will be re-ordering lots of other out of stock items from Lawn Fawn and Wplus9 this week too.



3 comments:

  1. Tara your decorations are so cute ! I definitely need to start decorating for Easter too, so thanks for sharing with us your project! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally inspired by this lovely project... I think I'll ask the children to participate as well ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team