Monday 14 March 2016

One for the Guys!


Hello there :)

I'm on a bit of an Avery Elle kick at the moment as I've used another of their latest stamp sets to make a couple of guys cards although I'm sure with some creative drawing the characters could be adapted for girls too :)

Stoked is a great set for those hard to make guys cards .. you have a skateboarder, snowboarder and drummer and it would be great if Avery Elle could expand on this theme in future releases... lets hope they're listening ;)



I have made a scene for my adrenaline junkie snowboarder using the Backdrop builders dies from Paper Smooches. I cut the ramp freehand and used an icicle border from my stash to make the snowy edge... it also makes good trees for the distant scenery when turned up the other way and coloured green :) The sentiment is from the same set and I used the sketchy chevron background on my card base.

For my second card I used the drummer...  and my goodness, he's really going for it!!


I love that the small sentiments in the set will fit in the bass drum and I decided to die cut an aperture and use vellum for a more realistic look. I went a step further and added some beads behind the vellum to make a shaker element in the drum :)


These are the three layers I used to make the shaker element... the co-ordinating dies come in really helpful here ;)

  • Far left is the top layer of card which has an aperture cut into the bass drum ( I found a circle die in my stash to do this) 
  • The middle piece is cut from funky foam, I cut the aperture in the same place in this layer too.
  • Far right is the bottom layer of card that will seal your shaker element.
I embossed the wording onto the vellum before attaching it between the top and middle layer and then added black seed beads before adhering the back piece of card.


The sentiment is from a Neat & Tangled set called Across the Card.... I love how the line sort of grounds the image :) I wanted a background that didn't over power the drummer so I went with this background from Wplus9 and soft soft grey inks.

     
     

 I think what I like most about these guys is they all have their tongue sticking out due to the concentration needed in their hobby/sport and that would totally be me as well .. Lol :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team