Friday 18 March 2016

Hello, new baby.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got some simple Spring watercolour...


...to welcome a new arrival to this world.


I used Mama Elephant's gorgeous 'New Family' set to make my card.  It is such a beautiful and sweet set, full of soft and gentle images.
I started with a piece of watercolour card and, using a mix of Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, brushed some simple stripes across my card.  I wanted it to look really loose, relaxed and laid back so did it free hand, I wanted to embrace the imperfections.


I then stamped out all my New Family images and coloured them, again intentionally keeping them soft and not over-thought, using my Zig Clean Colour Brush Pens, then fussy cut.  I die-cut a small circle from my front panel, and created a little scalloped edge border using a die from my stash, to create a little aperture from which to build my scene.  I then took a separate piece of card and stamped out the amazing Sketched Chevrons background from MFT, heat embossed in white and washed over it in blue - I wanted a simple but pretty background for my scene.


My sentiment is from the same gorgeous New Family set, and is simply stamped in black and clear heat embossed.
I built up my sweet little scene behind my aperture, adhered the whole thing in place and added my main panel over the top using foam adhesive to give my aperture scene some dimension.  I then mounted the whole thing onto a piece of light grey card, added a scattering of clear sequins, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it.

As always, everything is linked below, and I shall see you all next week 

Jillxxx

New Family StampSketched Chevron Background

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So, so adorable!


    www.instagram.com/ilovestamping

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team