Tuesday 22 January 2019

Ahoy Happy Birthday


I love the Lawn Fawn sets as they include lots of stamps, making scene building fun and easy. Today I’m sharing a card using the Ahoy Matey stamp set.


I began by stamping lots of images from the Ahoy Matey stamp set, then colouring them with alcohol markers. I also stamped an image from the Duh Nuh stamp set, as these sets work so well together.

Once all the images were die cut out, I worked on my background. I love to use kraft card with these sets. I created a stamped map style background, using images from the set. I also added the stitched line image from the Avery Elle Bunting stamp set. I stamped all the images in brushed corduroy distress oxide ink, which gives a nice tone on tone look.


I adhered a strip of patterned paper across the centre of the card, then die cut a circle from white card to create my scene. I used some masking tape to mask an area for the sand, then added some salty ocean distress oxide waves and some tumbled glass distress oxide sky. I then removed the mask and blended on some scattered straw for the sand.


I used my alcohol markers to add details to the sky and sand. Once I’d adhered my images to my scene, I also added some shadows in the same way. I used liquid adhesive for all images apart from the pirate and parrot, which I used some foam tape for dimension.

I added the circle scene to my card, then finished by stamping some sentiments from the Ahoy Matey stamp set.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma




1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team