Friday 11 January 2019

Lots of Hearts

I'm getting all lovey-dovey on the blog today with a couple of heart themed cards that would work well for valentines or other occassions when you need to express your love like an anniversary or just to tell someone you love them, something we should all do more often!  I actually made the first for my hubby as yesterday was our 24th dateiversary - we were together for many years before we tied the knot so we decided to keep celebrating our first date so a little like the Queen and birthdays we have two anniversaries a year now!


I used the fabulous new Hearts Entwined die from MFT and die cut it a couple of times from white card backed with stick-it which is just perfect for glueing down intricate dies like this.   On the top layer I actually applied a layer of stick-it to both the back and front of the card stock before die cutting so I could then use the glue on top to gild the hearts using a mixture of gold and copper gilding flakes.


As this was an anniversary card I selected a pair of the entwined hearts and filled them in with red and ab glitter to signify the joining together of the two of us and then finished with a sentiment from Sweet Nothings embossed in red on vellum to avoid obsucuring the hearts underneath.

For the second card I wanted to play with hearts again but wanted to arrange them myself so opted for the lots of hearts and lots of hearts outline dies again from the latest MFT release.  They match with each other so can be layered or used independently.


I inked up a couple of scraps of white card using reds and oranges and oranges and yellows to get some shading before die cutting.  I wanted some simple background pattern so used the fabulous new Diagonal Stitched Cover Panel die from Reverse Confetti and arranged the hearts around a sentiment again from Sweet Nothings stamped directly onto it.  Finished with a few dots of liquid pearls for more texture and backed onto a card made using Canned Pumpkin cardstock from Lawn Fawn.


That's all from me today - hope I sparked your romantic side.

Tara






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team