Friday 18 January 2019

Tea Party!

I love tea and cats so Newton's Nook Caffeinated Cats stamp was a no-brainer must have for me from this new release.
 
Although this stamp is designed to fill the whole front of a card as it is part of their "Full Card Front" range they have cleverly designed them so that if you like to fussy cut you can cut them out and get more looks from one design so I decided to add some depth and dimension and layer up my first card with it decoupage style.  I use pinflair gel when layering up fiddly images as it allows you more wiggle room than foam pads but they would work too - whatever methods works for you.


I wanted a rainbow cups so I kept all my cats grey so they stood out and then went to town with pencils to colour in the cups as bright as I could make them.   I stamped the image 3 times and worked out which "layers" I wanted to cut (you could do more or less) and then coloured the images on just the layers I would use keeping the bits that wouldn't show uncoloured.  My top tip though is to colour the "edges" of the layer underneath so when people look sideways the white doesn't show.  [if you look closely you can see the difference as i missed the edges on the bottom layer!] 


I just finished with a sentiment I spelt out myself using Lawn Fawn's Violets ABCs but we have lots of alphabet stamps and dies and I would say one of each is a must have so you can say exactly what you want to say if the sentiment hasn't already been created for you!


That's all today folks - catch you Sunday.

Tara



2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Tara! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team