Thursday 24 January 2019

You're Awesome Cow Hide Letterboard Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

It seems that I'm on a bit of a masculine card kick lately, given this week and last week's creations! With Valentine's Day just a few weeks away I guess I'm rebelling against all the hearts and frills, lol!

Letterboards have been all the rage recently, after making a comeback a couple of years ago. Definitely a trend now! A few manufacturers have come out with dies to create letterboard cards, but I am pretty sure that the SugarPea Designs Letter Message Board Die was the first. I leapt to buy this the moment it was released and have been itching to use it ever since!

Almost all designs I've seen seem to use a plain letterboard design - how unoriginal! *wink* So I decided I wanted to create a bold, masculine, different design with mine:


Awesome, right?! I love how this turned out!


I used a technique I learned a few years ago to make a leather effect look out of my white cardstock. Not only does this look the part, but also feels pretty similar to leather too! After I had dried my card panel I used a few different Distress Inks to paint and stipple my cow hide design on. Stippling created a more realistic hair look to it. Once that was all done I die cut my letterboard from it.


I die cut the letters from both black and white cardstock to create my sentiment. I decided not to overcomplicate or fill my board so opted for a simple 'You're Awesome.' sentiment!


I created a frame by die cutting the letterboard again, then measuring a quarter inch from the edges of the hole and trimmed. I used an old woodgrain stamp to heat emboss my frame but you could use woodgrain textured cardstock or an impression plate for a similar effect! I adhered the frame with dimensional glue gel to give it a bit of lift from the base and adhered all the letters with Multi Matte Medium and I was all done!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team