Thursday 31 January 2019

Cute Snow Day Owls Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I can't say I'm a fan of Winter. The bitter cold and long nights really don't appeal. But one thing does make everything pretty and better.

Snow.

Good thing too seeing as most of the UK seems to have ground to a halt because of it.

Seeing as we grown-ups can't actually have a Snow Day off work to play in the snow, I opted for the next best thing - a stamped version that lets me stay warm at the same time!


Isn't that the most adorable scene?! I love how this turned out!


I broke out the My Favorite Things Warm & Feathered Hugs stamp set for this beauty. I love everything Stacey Yakula designs. I used a mirror stamping technique to get one of my owls to put his wing around the other - awwww!


It's been so long since I coloured, but these little cuties just demanded the coloured pencils treatment! I mostly went with a no-line look for my owls, drawing in some finer details afterwards. My ground was created with colour pencils and I used a watercolour wash from inkpads, Glimmer Mist and water to paint my sky. Some splattered mist/paint snow was the perfect finishing touch!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team