Sunday 10 February 2019

Big Bold Birthdays

I've got a couple of birthday cards to share today, both using the new Happy Birthday Blend Stamp and Co-ordinating Die from My Favorite Things which is a really fun stamp idea as each word is in two parts allowing for different ways to ink it up and get "layered" words.   Hopefully they will bring out more "blend" stamps in future releases.

For my first card I paired the sentiment with a raised birthday cake and inked up the stamp in rainbow fashion for a clean and simple but fun birthday card.


If you've not tried this technique, it's easier than it looks:
  1. Cut a panel of card the same size (or just smaller) than your base card and stamp your sentiment across it.
  2. Die cut the cake elements from your stamped panel and put to one side.
  3. Die cut the cake elements again from plain white card twice.
  4. Adhere your stamped panel (minus the die cuts) to the base card.
  5. Adhere one of the white elements into the "holes" on the stamped panel.
  6. Top those with the next layer of white die cuts and finally with the stamped layer ensuring you line up the edges for a crisp finish then your stamping with line up perfectly with the front panel.


For the second card I wanted to create a fun "gift card" for those occasions when you want to give a gift you can't wrap - perhaps to tell a child they're off to Disney, or if you have tickets to a show etc.  Using the new Presents Background stamp and co-ordinating Peek-A_Boo Door Die from Hero Arts is a fun way to do it as you can write your "gifts" behind the doors in the presents.


For this card I created my die cut sentiments first just stamping them this time in yellow and orange as complimentary colours to my blue present background.  I added to couple of layers of white card behind the stamped images to get a stacked die cut element.

For the presents I simply stamped on white and then coloured all the presents in shades of blue (colouring ones with the same "wrapping" in the same shades) and then adding some glitter to the bits around the gifts.

Once all was dry I ran it through the die cutting machine to cut my doors and glued it to my base card and then simply hand wrote my "gifts"  in some of the windows.   (the doors in the middle won't open because of my sentiment but I didn't need all the windows, my gifts are all based around a cosy night in for a friend)   If you have tickets or something similar, I would write one word in each window so there is more anticipation as the recipient opens each one.


The present background was a Christmas release with the idea of an Advent calendar, but it can be used year round, and they are also releasing this new envelope design which also works with the Peek a Boo Door die so  you can get more use from the die too! 


(We'll have that in store in a few weeks with the rest of the new catalogue including card and envelopes!)



 NEWS FROM THE STORE

We'll have the following in store this week:

  • Hero Arts Kit-Add-ons
  • Neat and Tangled's new release
  • Mama Elephant's new release on the 15th
  • We still have some Echo Park to add and hope to get that finished too but it will be a difficult week to keep on top of things.

The store will be closed on Tuesday whilst we attend a funeral - you can still shop, but it is not likely that much will ship that day as we won't be back until late afternoon.

That's all folks - catch you later.

Tara





1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards Tara, how did I miss the hero arts presents background stamp and die! I love it. Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team