Tuesday 12 February 2019

Hibiscus Happy Birthday

My card today features the Waffle Flower Hibiscus stamp set with a clean and simple design. This is a layering stamp set and I love the loose artsy feel of the layers.


I stamped the outside flower layer with black ink, and used some MFT cube dye inks to stamp the two coloured layers. I then fussy cut them out. I had some coloured images left over from another project so used one of the leaves on this card.


Next, I die cut a stitched rectangle and stamped a greeting from Avery Elle Spring Bouquet. I marked in light pencil where this would go on my card then moved it to the side whilst I worked on the background.


I used a dot pattern stamp from the Flora & Fauna Texture 2 stamp set, stamping in black ink a diagonal down the card front. I also added some second generation stamping for more interest.


I adhered the sentiment panel onto my card, then the leaf and two flowers. I used some foam tape under one of the flowers for dimension. I finished by adding some clear embellishments amongst the background stamping.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma


Waffle Flower Hibiscus
Avery Elle Spring Bouquet
F&F Texture Two




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team