Monday 18 February 2019

How are you Feline?

Sending a card brings pleasure to any recipient but especially if they are feeling under the weather and today's card is purrfect for that. Okay, enough with the cat puns but I couldn't resist when I masked this curled up cat into the comfy armchair from the Hello Stampurr set by Waffleflower...


I decided to use my Inktense Pencils to colour the images, they work quite well on Bristol card stock and the green colour wash in the background is watercolour paint. I used a scalloped frame to cut the image to a square and then cut a couple more in cream card to layer under the frame.


The sentiment is from a Paper Smooches set called Critter Card Puns, I had to mask the stamp so I could stack the sentiment. I used a square card blank and decided to change the colour by blending Hickory Smoke then Pumice Stone Distress Oxides around the edges... it's a great way to get a custom coloured background. I added texture by dampening a background stamp and applying it to the card base, the water reacts with the oxide ink and gives a slight pattern.

  

I've used the MFT scalloped frames which are currently oos but Lawn Fawn 
have a great alternative which I've linked below


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x




2 comments:

  1. How cute! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team