Wednesday 27 February 2019

Just a Wild Note to Say...

Hello, Tallie here and a happy Wednesday! I'm back today with this cute little birthday scene card featuring the Wild Ones stamp set from Neat & Tangled and a couple of Lawn Fawn and MFT products.

I started out by stamping the giraffe, monkey, tortoise and bird from the Neat & Tangled Wild Ones set with some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock. I then coloured these in with my Copic markers, sticking to bright colours and a couple of accent colours. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


I inked up two panels, one with Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Ink and the other with Broken China and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I find for scenes like this the Distress Inks are more vibrant than the Oxides, though you do have to work harder to get a smooth blend. I used a Lawn Fawn Simple Grassy Hillsides Border die to cut the green panel twice for some layered grass pieces. I used the MFT Cloud Stencil to add some detail to the otherwise empty blue background panel.

I used a mixture of foam tape and liquid adhesive to put the scene together, finishing off with sentiments from the Lawn Fawn Critter Concert set so the greeting continued on the inside: 'JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY ... HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!'



This card is perfect for a kid's birthday with the animals and bright colours!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team