Thursday 21 February 2019

New Baby Pop Up Box

Hi there, it's Jenny back again ... you get me twice this week as I'm standing in for Taheera today.
Okay, so onto today's card and it's a fun way to celebrate the arrival of a new baby because when 
you open the card, a pop up mini box awaits the recipient and it's bursting with the cutest clothes..



How cute is that.... now lets have a closer look at that box....


I've used the Lawn fawn Mini Pop Up Box die and filled it with MFT's Bundle of Baby clothes dienamics.
I added details to the clothing with die cuts and stamping and the balloons are from Mama Elephants Celebration Balloons but instead of adding string, they are attached using the streamers in the Box die set. Here's a top view..


I used both inserts in the box, just adhering the shorter one behind the first
and allowing it to fold as I closed the card.
The card base has been stamped using the Wood Plank background, I masked a narrow 
border around the edges so I didn't have to worry about lining the planks up 
exactly across the whole piece.


I made the nappies using the onsie die in the clothing set... here how I did it...


I cut the lower half of the onsie on a scrap then cut it again so I could trim the sleeves off.
I adhered the sleeves as shown in the photo above and then trimmed around the 
outside and across the top to follow the shape of the sleeves.... 


I think the box die makes a lovely keepsake card for such a special celebration and it's fun 
choosing and colour coordinating the clothing to put in it :)

   
  

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team