Sunday 17 February 2019

Spirograph Flowers

I've still got an original 1960's Spirograph that belonged to my cousin and was my favourite toy growing up, I covered everything in spirals!  So I was really pleased that Concord and 9th produced a mini turnabout stamp that creates spirograph patterns and had to have a play!


I just went for something really simple and created 3 flowers using 3 shades of grey and one deep yellow (all Altenew inks) and because it's a really simple turnabout I just lined them all up free hand without using a stamping platform or the alignment guide which means its easier to place them all over the front of a card.   I did a couple of flowers with 4 turns as the alignment guide suggests but did 6 turns on the middle flower to get a different look.   I used the same inks to colour strips of card to make it all match before embossing my sentiment onto the middle and finishing with some enamel dots.

If you've never tried a turnabout, this is a really easy one to begin with.   If you don't have a platform it is possible to use the bigger ones too and line them up by eye.  I've actually had a play with a few of the bigger turnabouts and it is entirely possible to line them up just following the guides and marking the sides so you know which way to turn- I actually found it easier to do it that way for some!


NEWS FROM THE STORE

We currently have a sale in store - you must be logged in to use the code - it will not work on guest accounts.   The discount will not be applied on items with a "new" flag on them, nor on gift card purchases.


We will have the new Lawn Fawn release in store on Thursday morning

We hope to get the Sugar Pea Designs release at some point this week too.

That's all folks.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team