Saturday 21 October 2017

A Birthday Set

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Sometimes when I struggle to come up with an idea I just start by grabbing a stamp set and stamping and colouring all the images in the set. A few days ago it was the super cute set Wild Ones by Neat & Tangled.
When I finished the fussy cutting I was starring at all the images. At first I thought I could put all the critters on one card. But I decided that was way to much cuteness for just one card and the idea for a set of a card, a gift box and a gift tag was born.


For my card I let the monkey with the balloon ride the giraffe. For a little more party mood I added a party hat to the head of the giraffe.
I die cut a rectangle with Waffle Flowers' Lacy Layers from white cardstock. For the background I added some ink blending. For the ground I die cut just a stripe of kraft cardstock.


For the box I used Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Treat Box and die cut it from white cardstock, too. I added ink blending in the same colour like on the card. For all three parts of my set I embossed Happy Birthday from Lawn Fawn's Happy Happy Happy stamp set in white on stripes of aqua and pink cardstock.


And for the tag I die cut Reverse Confetti's Thanks Tag again from white cardstock. And here also ink blending happened. For the ground I masked of a stripe on the bottom and added some warm grey ink.


So what do you do when your mojo is lacking? Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and have crafty weekend!
Anni


            

5 comments:

  1. So cute and adorable. Such clever makes and love the whole set x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah O Across the sea21 October 2017 at 17:14

    Lovely set of cards. If I get stuck I put the name of the stamp set into google to see what other people have come up with and use that as a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sarah, Pinterest is also a valuable resource for ideas. Some of the artists amaze me with their imagination.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute set! When my card making mojo is taking a break, I knit. When my knitting mojo is away, I quilt, or crochet, or start weeding my garden. Cleaning my craft room is also helpful, I always seem to find something that sparks my creativity. When everything else fails, I take a nap :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team