Tuesday 17 October 2017

Hooray for Balloons

I love big sentiments on cards and the Neat & Tangled Hooray is so fun! That font is gorgeous and works so well as a focal point.


For my card this week, I teamed it with the balloon duo stencils, also from Neat & Tangled. These stencils are really clever.

I began by using the stencils to add balloons across a piece of white card. By using both of the stencils, you get the lovely effect of balloons layering over each other.


I cut down the white panel with the Lil’Inker Deco Edge Border dies. Another new favourite of mine, these allow you to get a ripped edge effect with more control than just tearing the paper.

I used these dies again on a piece of patterned paper, and layered it behind the white panel, before adding them to a white card base.


Next, I die cut the Hooray word die from glitter paper. 8 did cut the shadows from white card, which allows the word to stand out from the background.

To finish, I added a stamped sentiment underneath and a sprinkling of sequins.




I loved the finished card so much, I just had to make some more in different colours. Do you have a favourite?


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Lil'Inker Deco Edges
N&T Balloon Duo Stencil

N&T Hooray

W&W Sentimental Birthday

Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Rainbow


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team