Wednesday 18 October 2017

Beary Merry Christmas

Hello and happy Wednesday! I'm going all Christmassy again this week with this cute little bear from the Beary Merry Neat & Tangled stamp set.



I started out with a piece of watercolour cardstock and used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours to create a bright and vibrant background. I used a few different layers to build up the colour, drying between each layer and then splattered on a mixture of clean water and white paint to give a snowy effect.

Whilst I let that dry, I stamped out the bear, penguin, gingerbread man and candy cane with my MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, coloured in with my alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.



Next, I gold heat embossed one of the sentiments from the stamp set on some black cardstock and adhered it to my background panel. As I was adhered the die cuts I noticed the white border around the die cut pieces was a little too harsh in comparison to the background so I took out a gold marker and coloured in the white edges. This matched the sentiment and balanced out the amount of gold on the card.

A little Wink of Stella clear glitter over the die cuts and that finishes off a cute, bright and colourful Christmas card!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  


2 comments:

  1. the background is beautiful, and coloring the white borders with a gold marker is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I had a lot of fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team