Wednesday 4 October 2017

Thankful Honey Bears

Morning and happy Wednesday to you all. Can you believe it's been almost a month since I joined the DT? Time has gone so quick, but I'm having a blast!

I'm really liking the clean and simple look recently and when I needed a thank you card for a friend I challenged myself to maximise the white space. Plus, I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use these cute little WPlus9 bears for a while now.



I started out with a side folding white A6 card base and used the MFT Square Peek-A-Boo Window Dienamic to die cut a window in the front of the card. With the square that was left over, I blended on some light blue ink and spritzed with some Shimmer Spray to get a sparkly sheen.

With the panel prepared and the background set to dry, I stamped out the bears and two branches from the WPlus9 Forest Friends and Curious Forest Friends sets in some alcohol marker friendly MFT Licorice Black Hybrid Ink. I coloured them in with my alcohol markers using two different tones of browns to differentiate between the warm bears and the branches of the trees, some greens for the leaves and some warm yellows for the honey. The warmer colours automatically move to the foreground whilst the cooler colours fade to the back, helping these little guys stand out from all that white. I fussy cut them all out and went around the edges with a black marker to cover any cutting imperfections.


I wanted to give the impression of a window in the front of the card so I adhered the blue background square to the back inside panel inline with the die cut window in the front panel and put the bear holding the honey in the bottom left corner. Arranging the branches so they stretched out across the open window and met in the middle, I then adhered the cute little bear reaching down for his share of the honey.

A few touches with a black gel pen to the eyes and noses, a layer of clear Wink of Stella and a crisp black 'Thank You' sentiment from the set finishes off the card nicely.

Thanks for reading, see you next week!

Tallie

   

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team