Thursday 19 October 2017

A Long Time Ago Star Wars Birthday Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

If you know anything about me you'll know I'm a bit of a geek. Okay, a lot of a geek. Alright, pure geek. Pure geek and proud. And as a geek and working in a geeky industry, I naturally have a lot of geeky friends. One of my geeky friends had a birthday over the weekend, and as he is a massive Star Wars fan, I just had to pull out the *awesome* Neat & Tangled A Long Time Ago stamp set and the nicely coordinating Time Warp stamp set, to create a birthday card for him:


Stunning, amirite?! And so, so easy to create, trust me!!


I started by heat embossing my sentiment using some sparkly jade embossing powder. I know you can't see it much underneath the white, but it's there!


I then set about creating my background. I've done galaxy backgrounds a thousand ways, and this time I wanted to try something new! Enter... Nuvo Glimmer Paste and Embellishment Mousses! The ones I used are out of stock right now, but sign up to the Out of Stock Notifications as they will be back!


I diluted a small amount of each of the Embellishment Mousses with some water and painted with them straight onto the black cardstock. I did the same with the Glimmer Paste too. I liberally spritzed with water to allow my colours to move more freely, dabbed up some colour in places then dried with my heat tool. I repeated a few times until I got the look that I wanted, then splattered on some mists and white paint for the stars! When that was all done and dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments again with white embossing powder, and stamped the Time Warp stamp with white ink.


It might be a little difficult to see, but if you look say at the bottom corner you can see some of the iridescent sparkle from the Glimmer Paste glitter! The finished card was so cool I really had a hard time parting with it!!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. Wow...that's one stunning background and such great stamps. The most perfect card for your geeky friend, bet he loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card, just super for a SciFi-fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team