Wednesday 25 October 2017

Amazing Yeti Hugs

Hello and happy Wednesday!

Today I challenged myself to use a Christmas/Winter themed stamp for a non-Christmas themed card. I love the cute yeti from the Mama Elephant Me and My Yeti stamp set and the one with his hands spread wide makes me think he's wanting to give you a hug!



I started out with a piece of rasberry cardstock that was slightly smaller than my white A6 cardbase. Using a sentiment from the Altenew Amazing You set to stamp, I stamped it in a repeating pattern across the panel with some Versamark ink. I then heat embossed it with some clear embossing powder and adhered the panel to the cardbase.

For the secondary panel, I blended on some Distress Oxide inks onto some white cardstock and dropped some clean water onto it to give it that distressed look. Once dry, I cut it out with the smaller rectangle of the Avery Elle Wonky Stitches dies so that I would still see the background pattern when adhered.

I stamped out the yeti from the Mama Elephant Me and My Yeti stamp set with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and coloured him in with my alcohol markers. I then cut him out with the coordinating dies and adhered him to the smaller panel, then adhered both to the card base.



For the main sentiment, I white heat embossed two from the Altenew Amazing You set on some black cardstock. I cut this out and adhered this just under the yeti's feet to ground him.

A final touch of clear Wink of Stella, a couple of sequins and I have a thank you card full of yeti hugs!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team