Sunday 22 October 2017

A Trio of Reindeer

With all the new Christmas releases coming through I've been spoilt for choice as to what to play with this week but realised there were a lot of reindeer related products so that is my theme for this week cos who doesn't love a reindeer!


All my Christmas gift tags last year were made with Lil' Inker Designs Moody Santa's so I was really pleased that Laura designed a Rowdy Reindeer to go with him so I have some more snarky sentiments to play with this year.


I'm also loving the emerging trend for stitching in card making so to create my tag I used the new Pegworks die from Mama Elephant which has the largest stitching area of the any of the dies currently on the market.  I just cut the stitching panel only in landscape from some kraft card and then lined up a large tag die over it so there was space without holes at the top and bottom.  Then you have room to make your tag hole and stamp a sentiment.  I used some old variegated embroidery floss to stitch a simple back stitch border and added my die cut reindeer in the middle.

Lil' Inker Designs also brought out this really unique Noel sentiment die which I think is just fabulous!


I wanted the sentiment to shine so die cut it 3 times from green card and then once from green glitter card and once from champagne glitter card.  It's then a simple case of stacking them up for dimension and trimming the antlers to fit over the O.   I cut the middle of the O from red glitter and then dropped it off centre to make it a nose.

For my final card I turned to Newton Nook's amazing Reindeer Roll Call stamp which is a little set that packs a HUGE punch!


 I stamped the base card first creating a pattern with the prancing reindeer to create my own background paper as it were.  For the sentiment itself I wanted to do something easy quick and simple but with enough interest to make it the star of the show so opted for tri-coloured embossing in traditional Christmas shades.  Now whilst Rudolph is not in the poem so doesn't make the list, I wanted to add him to my card so thought the perfect way to do that was to add his little red nose at the top of the list.  I trimmed the sentiment using one of the large flags in the pinking edge sentiment flag set from Lil' Inker Deisgns







NEWS FROM THE STORE

We have our Stamping Bella delivery but it's 7 large boxes and 16 A4 pages of inventory to add!  We're working on it in between processing orders but it will take a while to get it live.

The latest release from SugarPea Designs is in transit so we should have that this week customs willing.

We've also got some exciting news to share but we can't do that until tomorrow so I'll have to keep you in suspense for 24 hours.............

Catch you later

Tara






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and tag - I'm loving the reindeer rollcall stamp! Very curious about your news too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas as always from 7hills. I wonder what the surprise will be? Hope it's another fabulous company who produce goods that we just won't be able to live without. I'm really excited, my purse less so lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team