Friday 20 October 2017

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm giving it some Hip Hip Hooray to celebrate a happy couple...


...using the awesome & 'out there' Hooray from Waffle Flower.


I'm going crazy for all things Waffle Flower at the minute.  They just bring such a breath of fresh air to my collection.  They're weird and wonderful with a good measure of wacky, (there's actually a stamp of a duck in a wig in this set :) a duck. in a wig. don't believe me - check it out here), which is all the kinds of crazy I LOVE.  Amazing.


I teamed the Hooray set up with Sunday Sentiments from Mama Elephant to create a slightly less conventional 'Happy Engagement' card.
I started by stamping out the 'Congratulations' line form Sunday Sentiments.  This sentiment set is still one of my all time favourites.  I just love that my sentiment can give me the grounding for any scene I want to set up!  I then stamped all my cool and kooky characters and flowers all around.  I wanted the sweet happy couple to look like they were giddy with delight at their own happy news and dancing around their 'Congratulations' message.  I added a scattering of hearts and coloured everything using my Zigs.
I didn't spend too much time perfecting my colouring as I don't think that's what a set like this is about.  It's about fun and freedom and just letting yourself go with the flow!  


I stamped out my remaining sentiments to complete my message from Sunday Sentiments and Hooray, onto black card & white heat embossed and added them to my card using foam tape for some added dimension.  I also added another layer to my fun flower again just to add some dimension. 


I really hope you like it, and these new cool designs are floating your boat as much as they are mine!

As always, everything I used is linked below so give yourself a giggle and head straight over to check out a duck in a wig!

See you next week.

Jillx

Hooray  Sunday Sentiments Image 1  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team