Monday 6 August 2018

Brain Freeze

Good morning crafters, Jenny here on another hot Monday in the south East!!!

Here's a card to cool you down.... must be the heat that had me reaching for this set and its fun sentiment..


I thought I'd keep to soft pastel colours and water colour the ice cream from this Reverse Confetti stamp set. I coloured each piece separately and then put them altogether. Anyone for a raspberry ripple cone???

To pick out the colours I had used, I decided to watercolour stripes with distress inks between two strips of masking tape on a piece of cardstock. I had to be patient and let each colour dry so they wouldn't run in together and when it was all dry I added narrow lines with less dilute distress ink.


I cut two panels with rounded rectangle dies and added the sentiment ....a few tone on tone sparkles on the card base and my card was done.

                       

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. Just right for a hot day - love the delicate colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cute card is perfect for our part of the country Jenny and your waffle cone looks amazing. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team