Sunday 5 August 2018

Rosie and Bernie

I have a special 7 card pull out and keep feature in this months issue of Paper Crafts Essentials (Issue 163) so I thought I'd do another card today featuring them again as I just adore them and they can be used to make such cute scenes.


So for my card today I opted to go for a tropical scene with Rosie and Bernie in Hawaii paired with Rosie and Bernie's Palm Tree and the new sand embossing powder from Hero Arts (which will be in store tomorrow).


I started by stamping Rosie and Bernie, stamping again onto a mask so I could pop the tree behind them and them masking off the tree so I could ink up the background using oxide inks and an ink blender.  This is really useful technique if you want to add large backgrounds to coloured images - much quicker than doing it with pencils and for markers it can use so much ink so this is much more cost effective!   (I actually took a shot before I added more colour as I quite liked the look of the black and white image with the inked background)


The images were coloured with pencils and then I used an embossing pen to add areas of sand for texture.  The particles in the embossing powder (particularly the darker brown ones) are quite large so it helps to heat it from underneath as otherwise it all blows away before it melts!  A simple cheers sentiment, Hawain style of course, seemed the most appropriate given the setting and the cocktails.  Take me to the beach........



NEWS FROM THE STORE

It's going to be a busy week....

  • Waffle Flower Crafts have a new release out today and I'll do my best to get in store today.
  • We have the July add-ons from Hero Arts (and the missing items from June) along with a few restocks and they will be online on Monday.
  • We have the lastest autumnal paper releases from Echo Park which will be online on Monday.
  • MFT's latest release is in transit so will be in store on Wednesday.
  • Avery Elle's latest release is also in transit so should be in store on release day (9th August)
  • We have the latest releases from Neat & Tangled, AlteNew and Concord 9th on order and are awaiting a delivery estimate.
Catch you later

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team