Monday 27 August 2018

Uncork and Unwind, Pop up Card!

Hello, Jenny here wishing you all a lovely Bank Holiday Monday :)

I am sharing a little 'vino love' on the blog today, although it looks like the bottle is empty now!!
I was inspired by Jennifer McGuires video on how to make a sliding Pop-up card.  I thought I could get the same look using the large die in Blueprints 28  and I'm all for stretching those supplies ;) 


When you pull up the slider you uncover the hidden message....


I started by covering a piece of card with patterned paper before using the die to cut the panel with opening flap. I then added two score lines as shown in the photo below and used a small circle die to make a thumb notch in the top....



Because this die has a thumb notch at the door opening, you have to trim that semi-circle away on the outer frame.

From now on I pretty much follow the instructions in the video by adding a strip of card stock across the base of the slider which not only strengthens the edge of the flap, but covers up the notch in the case of this die cut. I also added a piece of card that's slightly wider and longer than the opening to become the pull tab for the mechanism...


The rest is down to decoration and assembly.... I used MFT's Wine Service Dienamics and Uncorked stamp set to decorate the panel for the front and the sentiment under the flap which is basically the front of the card base you adhere the whole mechanism too. The wine ring is from an Altenew set called Coffee Ring...... Coffee, Wine.... same 'need' just different times of the day 😉


I'm really pleased with how this came out and chuffed I can use my dies
 for a fun interactive design too.


  
 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team