Tuesday 14 August 2018

Wildflower Sympathy


Today I'm sharing a card featuring the beautiful Wildflower Garden stamp set from Altenew. This set includes some sentiments for sympathy cards, which are always difficult to make, so I appreciate sets like this.


I decided to try some simple white embossing on patterned paper. I chose a piece of watercolour patterned paper from MFT, and cut it down to the same size as my white A6 card base.

I treated the paper with an anti-static powder bag, then stamped the images with Versamark ink before covering with white embossing powder. I heat set the images, then added a sentiment from the set in the same way.



I adhered the paper to my card base, then added some simple embellishments to finish.

The white embossing is tricky to capture on camera but it’s very pretty in real life. With a different sentiment, this design would work well for a elegant wedding card.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Altenew Wildflower Garden
MFT Watercolor Wash Paper Pack




White embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team