Wednesday 8 August 2018

Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Three Ducks in the Tub!

Hello, Tallie here with some bath-time inspiration!

I've had the Lawn Fawn Rub-A-Dub-Dub set for a while and haven't had a chance to pull it out and use it. I've been colouring a lot of my own backgrounds recently so this was the perfect opportunity to bring out this design.


Starting with an A2 panel of blending card stock, I repeatedly stamped the three bubble different bubble stamps from the set around the outside frame in some MFT Extreme Black Hybrid Ink. I coloured these in with some blue and blue-green and alcohol markers, keeping the highlights consistently to the top of the card. I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle to cut out a smaller panel from some Lawn Fawn Moonstone cardstock that coordinated with the markers I used for the bubbles. Using some Versamark Ink, I repeatedly stamped the 'RUB-A-DUB-DUB' sentiment along with the small heart three quarters of the way down the panel.


I stamped out several of the ducks, bath and accessories onto some more blending cardstock, choosing bright yellows, purples and greens to colour them in with to help them stand out from the background. I cut these out with my Scan 'N Cut, though there are coordinating dies available.

I adhered the text panel to the middle of the bubble panel, arranging the ducks and accessories in the bottom right corner of the central panel. Some I adhered straight to the background and others I popped up with foam tape to give some dimension. I used some Glossy Accents on the bubbles to give some shine.


Finally, I white heat embossed two sentiments from the set onto some black cardstock, cutting them into strips and adhering them in the top left corner of the central panel.

A bright, fun card I'm sure would help anyone relax on their special day!

Thanks for reading.

Tallie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team