Friday 3 August 2018

Friday Florals

I'm back again - sorry you'll be fed up of me already - but we will have some new blood on the blog soon.

Today I've got a couple of floral numbers to share using AlteNew's Life is Awesome set - its been ages since I've played with florals but this set really appealed to me as it is so versatile which is how I have two completely different looks from the same set to share today.  It's a really clever set as they have added labels to each floral element (A1, A2, A3 etc) and drawn lines around them to group them so it makes working the layers easy peasy!  You just select a letter, start with 1 and your palest ink and work your way up to 4 with the darkest (or sometimes 4 is a green)

Firstly I have a super CAS floral arrangement.  I was actually intent on creating an arrangement surrounded by a frame so I drew around the inside of the die and stamped around the oval, masking as I went.  I used Tea Party, Pocketful of Sunshine, Warm and Cozy, Shades of Purple and Tropical Forest ink sets all from AlteNew - perfect for their layering stamps as most have 4 layers to match the 4 colours in each set.  However once I'd finished I decided I preferred the look without the frame, so I added some extra stamping to neaten up the edge that would have been hidden and finished with a sentiment from Anything But Basic Birthday wishes (two stamps cut apart to get the Happy Birthday I wanted)


For the second card I decided to use the oval burst frame from my original idea so I just picked the two large lily stamps and layered them up all over the oval in yellows and oranges, masking as required, and then in-filled with leaves.  I actually missed a birthday this week so decided to turn it into a belated-card using a sentiment from Newton's Nooks Birthday Essentials stamped boldly over the floral pattern.


There really is no end to the possibilities with this set - so time to turn florist and get building arrangements.  Its well sized to match lot of other floral sets (not just from AlteNew but the Wplus9 sets would work too) so there are even more possibilities to mix n match!

See you on Sunday....

Tara








2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Tara, how could we ever get bored of your creations on the blog?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team