Saturday 25 August 2018

Personalized Birthday Card

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today's card was inspired by the amazing Kelly Latevola. The technique called watercolour bleaching I learned from her.



I started by stamping the beautiful flowers from Altenew`s Adore You on a piece of water colour cardstock (with a little bit of masking) and heat embossed them in white. Then I added some ink blending to the flowers, to the leaves and to the whole background. For the bleaching you add water to the flowers and leaves and dabb it away. This way you take away some of the colour.
Then you add some shadows with alcohol markers.


I made this card for a special friend and wanted to personalize it. So I added the name. I die cut the letters that I needed from the background I created. For this I used Altenew`s Caps Bold Alphabet. Unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment (but will be back in stock mid-September) but the lower caps would work just as well for this technique and are in stock now: Altenew's Bold Alphabet Die.

I also die cut it from white cardstock and from vellum. I stacked up the white die cuts, on top I added the ones I die cut from the background and then the vellum ones. I didn't want to cover too much from the background but on the other hand I wanted to make the letters to stand out.


For a birthday sentiment I stamped one from Altenew's Birthday Builder on black cardstock and heat embossed it in white. Then I assembled the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and well designed card! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I really want to try this. How did you adhere the vellum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adhered Stick It! to the vellum before die cutting!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team