Saturday 11 August 2018

Rainbow Village

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have another rainbow card for you! Rainbows make anything better! In fact when I don't have an idea for a card I often make a rainbow card because you can't go wrong with raibow colours.



But for this card I had this idea of a rainbow village in my mind the minute I saw the set Happy Village by Lawn Fawn. For this card I combined it with Lawn Fawn's Village Shops. The sets might seem to be quite similar but I love the variation of houses you get with both sets. And all the cute small "accessoire" stamps like the ice cream truck, the shop signs, the little (most adorable) car and the speech bubble. I HAD to had them both (and I will not talk about the Winter Village at this moment that is still on my wishlist).

I started by stamping all the houses and decided which ones I wanted to use on the card and in which order. Then I decided what colour each house should become and marked the houses with a little dot in the colour. I coloured the houses with alcohol markers and fussy cut them without leaving a border. Some off the houses were already in a group so I thought it would look weird if I would leave a white border and group the others later.


When the process of colouring and fussy cutting was finished the rest of the card took no time at all. I stamped the sentiment (also from the set Happy Village), adhered the houses, clouds and the speech bubble with dimensional adhesive and that finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


   

2 comments:

  1. A lovely cheery card in the rainbow colours - love the various houses and I agree with what you said about fussy cutting without a white border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team