Friday 19 April 2019

Lovely Legs!

I'm a little late blogging today (well it is a bank holiday after all!) but I have desperately been trying to catch up on adding new stock to the store so I could share these cards I've made with our BRAND NEW BRAND!    I am proud to say we are the first UK store to spot the potential of the Colorado Craft Company so are currently the only place in the UK you can buy them!


One of the main ranges that Colorado Craft Company design is a range called Lovely Legs and the focus is stamps that tell a story just by focusing on the "legs" in an image.   I think they are brilliant and couldn't wait to ink up a couple to show you.

Firstly I went straight for one of the most humorous designs - humour features a lot in their range as do wonderfully drawn sentiments - both of which feature here in the Mr & Mrs stamp set.


I think this set is so cool - wedding cards are often so samey and for some of my friends, far too sentimental.  The humour is this appeals so much and I know it would stand out amongst the bunch of wedding cards the bride and groom will get.

I stamped the main image onto 300gsm card stock and lightly water coloured using my zig clean colour markers with minimal water but keeping it very light so I could fade it out at the edges.  I added a few bits of sparkle to the shoes and ribbons.

For the card itself I die cut a circle to fit the image from mist card stock (to match the brides shoes), stamped the sentiment along side, popped the image behind the die cut and then added more dots of sparkle around the die cut rim.

For the second card I've actually used the Happy New Year set, but for me it just screams party, so I've teamed it with a party sentiment so it could be birthday, wedding, anniversary, world cup final - anything you want to put the party bunting up for really!


I went for a similar die cut frame theme but this time I coloured my image just with coloured pencils.

I die cut the frame from black card and embossed a sentiment in white above the image.   The sentiment is actually taken from Avery Elle's Time To Party set and I've been doing stamp surgery again as the sentiment is actually the middle of a balloon.  But with very small, very sharp scissors and a steady hand it is possible to remove it and cut it in half to make a nice long bold sentiment instead.

There are 36 stamps in the range to choose from currently and they release 3 new designs each month so keep an eye out for new designs coming your way soon!

Hope you like them!

Tara








 

4 comments:

  1. They look like lovely new sets! Great cards. Not a company I'm familiar with, they have a look of Unity about them. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did, coloring looks awesome! Thank for all the kind compliments! So happy to be represented in the UK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! So pleased you have them in stock at last .... sent my first order through ....love the mr & mrs card.
    So excited, there's happy dancing going on round here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team