Wednesday 24 April 2019

Whale of a Time

Hello, Tallie here. Today I have a fun card inspired by a little spring cleaning. I found this older Floral Mermaid set from Flora and Fauna in my stash so I paired this with a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea set.

On an A6 panel of watercolour cardstock I painted on a loose wash of blue. To get some more texture I used the waves pattern from the Floral Mermaid set with some Distress Oxide ink in Broken China.


I stamped out two sets of the whale and narwhal, along with three of the flowers, in some MFT Extreme Black ink. I again used my watercolours to add some colour to them before cutting them out. I foam mounted these onto the background panel.


I finished up by stamping the sentiment strip from the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea set.

It's good to get some use out of your older sets so my challenge to you this week is to use an older set in your crafting!

Tallie

 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team