Saturday 27 April 2019

Shopping Therapy

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I am sure you already noticed that Seven Hills stocked a new stamp company: Colorado Craft Company. And that adds a whole new style of stamps to the shop.
I played with the set called Shopping Therapy and it is so much fun. There are so many funny sentiments in this set and the image is perfect for improving your colouring skills - no matter which medium you choose.


For today's card I decided to go with watercolours in rainbow order. I started by die cutting the second biggest rectangle from Lil'Inker DesignsStitched Mats: Rectangles from watercolour cardstock.

I stamped the image using black pigment ink and heat embossed it in clear. That makes watercolouring so much easier I think. For the first round of colouring I mixed the colours with a lot of water and painted loosely over the lines. Then I added another layer, this time with less water and only in the lines to deepen the colours.


When the colouring was finished I stamped the sentiment, again with blackpigment ink and clear embossing powder.
Then I adhered the rectangle onto a panel of black cardstock with just a narrow border and added that to a card base.

That finished up an easy and quick to make card! These stamp sets make card making easy because the images are big.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni



   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team