Thursday 18 April 2019

Subtle Colour Challenge

We're sponsoring Less Is More Challenge blog again this month so I thought I would use their fun challenge as my inspiration for today's post - the challenge is to use subtle colours on a CAS card.


I decided to have a play with watercolour for my "subtle" colour and allow it to run down the london skyscape die by SugarPea Designs to give the appearance of subtle reflections on the Thames.   I just die cut the scape using water colour paper, made it all very wet with a water spray and then dropped the rainbow colours on using watercolour paints.



I blended the background of the base card with weathered wood oxide ink and then lightly sprayed that too and dabbed it dry to remove the colour and give a feel of rain to match the brighter day sentiment which comes from Avery Elle's Shine Bright stamp along with the birds I added to the sky.   I emphasised the rain with little diagonal slashes with a white pencil.

It's a really fun technique to make a CAS card and its really quick too!   Hope  you will be inspired to give it a try and do have a go at interpreting the subtle colour theme over at Less is More too!

Tara






1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team