Wednesday 15 May 2019

Big Rainbow Thanks

Hello, Tallie here. I have a series of cards today that were prompted by my ever-growing patterned paper stash. Making multiple variations of a simple design like this one can definitely help reduce the stash and gain you a stash of thank you cards. The Concord & 9th Big Thanks die is a perfect centre piece.

I chose one of the gorgeous papers from the Simple Stories Crafty Girl paper pack and die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle. I then die cut the Concord & 9th Big Thanks from the centre of the card.


I cut down a matching card layer in pink so I could layer it onto a white card base. I cut a few more thanks so I could layer them together, including a top piece of velum. I covered the velum in Glossy Accents, though this didn't go quite as planned as the velum curled up under the weight and dampness. Once it was completely dry, I put a heavy book over it, separated by a piece of grease proof paper, to flatten it out.

I created a couple more design variations using more patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow paper pack and sentiment strips stamped with the Concord & 9th Big Thanks stamp set.



Thanks for reading, catch you next week!

Tallie

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team