Saturday 25 May 2019

Smooth Sailing

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have a card for you featuring one of the gorgeous stamp sets of the fantastic latest Lawn Fawn release: Smooth Sailing. I love many sets from the release but in particular this one because it is so versatile and perfect for male cards: for birthdays, father's day, sympathy cards and just because.



I started by stamping the bigger sail boat and some clouds. I felt like the smaller boat was to big to add in and for the layout I had in mind. So I used the tiny one I found in Lawn Fawn's Rub A Dub Dub. I coloured the images using alcohol marker. For both sets there are coordinating dies avaiable: here and here.

For the background I used a technique I recently learned in one of Jennifer McGuire's latest videos. I stamped on the panel with Neat & Tangled's Receding Background using Versamark ink. After drying the ink I added some ink blending. You get this subtle effect with this technique which I really like.
I also added some splatters of water and white gesso.


To create the waves and the ocean I die cut Mama Elephant's Ocean Waves Trio from white cardstock. I blended some inks in turqoise and blue on these pieces of cardstock, too. I also stamped the sentiment on the cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team