Wednesday 22 May 2019

Jawsome Birthday Tank Card

Hello, Tallie here.

I'm back today with a fun underwater scene card combining two Lawn Fawn stamp sets: Duh Nuh and You Are Sublime. An extra layer of acetate makes it more tank-like!


I started out by stamping the characters from both sets in some MFT Extreme Black ink onto some blending cardstock. I then coloured them in with my alcohol markers, keeping to bright greens, oranges and yellows, aware that these would contrast with the blue background. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


I then coloured two A6 card panels with some Distress Oxide Inks, one in Faded Jeans/Mermaid Lagoon/Broken China and the other in Vintage Photo/Ground Expresso. The blue one I flicked on some water to give the impression of bubbles, blotting it off to get some brighter blobs. The other, I cut twice with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die. I adhered these pieces together, layering on the coloured die cuts with some foam tape for some dimension. I also added some spots of Glossy Accents to the blue background for some more interest.



To give the impression of looking into a tank, I cut down some acetate so it was 4 cm (just over 1.5 inches) larger than a landscape A6 card base. I scored this so there would be a 1 cm standout when wrapped around the background panel. To secure, I adhered the acetate between the background panel and the card base.


To finish, I combined sentiments from both sets, white heat embossing them onto some black banner strips cut with the Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner dies.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team