Thursday 9 May 2019

Woven Congrats

I've been playing with paper today with lots of scraps of card and the fun new Card Builder 2 Die set from Sugar Pea Designs   It's a really versatile die set as all 6 of the elements are independent of each other so can be used in a variety of ways.   I thought the stripe panel would be really fun to do some paper weaving with so I started to play and came up with this.


You can repeat cut with the stripe die so you could do any size piece of weaving but I just wanted a piece large enough to die cut the tag from so just stuck with a single die cut from some arctic card.  I then used the bits that came out as part of my weaving and hand cut some strips in different thicknesses using cherry, periwinkle and nautical cardstock for the other stripes.   Then it's just a case of under, over, under over and working your way down the pattern repeating the colours.


Once the weaving was complete, I flipped the piece over and added some wet glue, spreading it around so all the pieces were covered (some will go through to the front but its dries clear so don't worry) and then secured it onto a piece of white card so it would all hold together once I die cut from it (rubbing it over with a brayer or bone folder helps ensure its fully stuck).


Once dry I die cut is using the tag die and used the little hole punch die to cut a hole at the top so I could add some co-ordinating cord.   I used the dotted frame die to cut a base from fog card and then die cut the lines from it at the bottom.   The banner is cut from narwhal card and then the sentiment, the new congrats word die also from Sugar Pea Designs is double cut using Fog and Cherry and lined up on top each other so the grey gives a subtle shadow.


I think the finished card has a masculine feel thanks to the plaid and the colours so could be good for a new baby boy or for a new job/graduation for a fella.

If you've not tried weaving with paper, do give it a go - it's really satisfying!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team