Wednesday 11 July 2018

Celebrating with Alphas

Hello, Tallie here with a bit of an experimental card for you today using just two dies, some foil and some alcohol inks. It's the first time I've actually used alcohol inks and they make really simple backgrounds. Add a little bit of foiling to them and it gives a beautiful marbling effect.


I started off with some Yupo Paper and dropped on some spots of alcohol inks in three different colours: purple, teal and blue. I used some Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) to spread out the ink, blowing some parts with a straw. After leaving the last layer to dry for a couple of minutes (it needs to be slightly tacky), I took a piece of leftover gold foil from my scraps and pressed it onto the paper. When you pull it away you get this lovely marbled effect as the foil adheres to the parts that are the most pigmented.


After leaving the panel aside to dry completely, I cut it out with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle that was just slightly smaller than A2 size and adhered it to a white top-folding card base.

The background is obviously the star of the show in this card so I kept the sentiment really simple. Using the Neat & Tangled Journalling Alpha dies, I cut the letters to spell out 'CELEBRATE' from some gold foiled cardstock that matched the foiling in the background. I find these letters the perfect size for large sentiments like this because they are tall and skinny. I used my T-Ruler to make sure I adhered them aligned straight, starting with the 'B' and working outwards.


Definitely a fun technique to make simple but impactful cards. The colour combinations of inks and foils are endless!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team