Monday 23 July 2018

Retro Games

Hello again, it's Jenny and I'm back with my usual Monday spot.
I've been getting crafty this week with the new Life is a Game stamps and dies from Neat & Tangled. This set brings back some great memories of playing this game back in the 80's with family, especially my cousins. We still have the original game which was a Christmas present in 1984! ... I bet the newer version is very different!!!
Anyhow onto my two cards....



For this card I stamped the board spaces in grey and turned them into a road with a white gel pen. The little car is actually a roller coaster carriage from Coaster Critters..... I don't know about the new game but you used to go around in a car in the original board game 😉
When you open the card, the inside reads...



I just had to share this bonus card with you because whilst I was playing around with the board spaces in this stamp set, another game from my childhood came to mind.....


I die cut the corner spaces in red, green, blue and yellow along with a couple of black circles to make SIMON.... yep that iconic game of the 70's/80's. Now I know SIMON didn't speak as such but the play on words works along with the other classic "Simon says" game :)

I used Paper Smooches Fireworks die to make the radiating flashes and blended distress ink behind them... the sentiment is from Mama Elephants Photo Bomb. I love that cute miniature SIMON game

                                      
                                

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. These are something a bit different - two great blasts from the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team