Wednesday 18 July 2018

Doggie Birthday Celebrations

Hello, Tallie here, bringing you a card featuring the MFT Puppy Pals stamp set. It's perfect for those that have paw friends!


I started off by inking up three panels with some Distress Oxide Inks, one with Candied Apple, one with Peeled Paint and one with Broken China/Faded Jeans. I flicked clean water on the red panel to get some texture and then used the MFT Stitched Collage Frame Die to create a border panel. I also cut a few more border panels from white card stock, stacking them together to create some dimension.

I ran the blue and green panels through with the same frame die to get the background pieces. For the green background bits, I then ran each of these through with a Lawn Fawn Grassy Borders die so I could ground my characters. I used liquid glue to adhere all the pieces to an A2 top folding white card base.


I stamped out some of the characters and accessories from the MFT Puppy Pals stamp set with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid ink and coloured them in with my alcohol markers. Once dry, I cut these out with my Scan N Cut, though there are coordinating dies available. I adhered some of these directly to the background panel, with one popped up on foam tape to give some movement to the card.


To finish off, I white heat embossed a sentiment from the set onto some black card stock, trimmed one end into a banner shape and adhered it with some foam tape to the centre of the card.

Perfect for any paw-loving friend!

 


2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Tallie and the sentiment is perfect for excitable puppy images. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous doggy card - such a happy one and a great explanation of how it was done. My wish list grows!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team